Wednesday 1 April 2020

The Hoope bird in Karnack Temple


Walking through this wondrous Lotus forest of columns in the Hypostle Hall at Karnack Temple one afternoon, a vibrant orange and black  stripped Hoopoe bird flew down and landed at the side of me, then its headdress similar to that of an American Red Indian chief neatly closed up as the bird  settled a few feet from me, I froze so as not to frighten it,  and as I stood quietly observing it, I almost felt that it was speaking to me and telling me that the Hall was as I had imagined it, the columns were  real live trees, and the temple was alive and accepted by the bird as part of creation.  I have never thought of myself as strange, although others have doubted my sanity on occasions, but I must admit even I was really surprised when I went to collect my photographs from the shop on the Corniche, when looking through them a very excited man in the shop told me that this bird was sacred to the Moslems and was written about in the Koran, the bird was a messenger who spoke to Sulliman informing him of the land that he had flown to and the heathen religion of the Queen of Sheba. I concluded that god is everywhere and speaks to us whenever we are touched by the divine as I had been in this amazing forest of stone within the Hypostyle hall of Karnack Temple



No comments:

Post a Comment