Wednesday 1 April 2020

The Obelisk of Hatshepsut's Hieroglyphic Inscription

The inscription written on the obelisk from Hatshepsut in Karnack Temple expresses her devotion to Amon Ra:




'I have created this work with a heart full of love for Amon
Initiated into his secrets of origin
Instructed through his beneficial power
I have not forgotten what he has ordained
My Majesty recognizes his Divinity
I have acted on his orders
It is he who has guided me
I have never slept because I was pre-occupied with his temple
I have never turned away from what he has commanded,
My heart moved intuitively with The Father
I have entered intimately into the plans of his heart
I have never turned my back on the Master of totality
But rather I have turned my face towards him


No comments:

Post a Comment